Do you sometimes go to the refrigerator, pantry, or cabinets, open them up and wonder, “Why is there never anything to eat in this house?”
Of course, you do! Everyone does.
But with a little planning – and this clever list – you can make sure you’re always ready to prepare healthy meals and snacks.
- Low-salt canned beans, tuna, salmon, tomatoes, and marinara sauce.
- Whole-grain pastas, brown rice, couscous, and quinoa.
- Bags or cans of beans.
- Healthy cooking oils and nonstick vegetable spray.
- Old-fashioned rolled oats.
- For baking, whole-wheat flour or spelt flour.
- Balsamic vinegar and low-sodium soy sauce. Dried herbs and spices.
- Frozen vegetables and fruits packed without sauces, sugar, or added salt.
- Almonds, cashews, macadamias, and other nuts pack healthy omega-3s, good fat, fiber, and protein.
- Limit butter, cream, and ice cream for special occasions.
- Yogurt. It has calcium, vitamin D, lots of protein, and it goes with berries and other fruits.
- Broccoli, tomatoes, and more whole vegetables and fruits. Get all the colors you can.
- When buying poultry, try the skinless version or remove the skin yourself.
I hope this helps make your life a little bit easy on your next trip to the store!
P.S. Don’t forget how exercise and eating right boost our spirits and self-esteem. Registration closes tonight for our 15-Day Jumpstart Challenge Love ‘Yo Self Edition! It’s only $15 for the challenge, which comes to $1/day! Register at http://15dayjumpstart.com.