How to Make a DELICIOUS Fat Loss Stew (that is full of flavor) – SculptorBody Fitness
Let me start by saying that I am absolutely loving The Sculptor Coach’s Fat Loss Salad recipe (you can get it here.) It’s a great way to be able to follow #TheSculpFastLifestyle nutrition plan that is simple, easy to make, and just outright delicious.
However, on the colder days here in Texas (I know, it’s hard to imagine that Texas gets cold) – I wanted something warm, but still as filling as the fat loss salad. So, my wife Wendy and I did a little experimenting and came up with the Fat Loss Stew. Now, we’ll let you in our “kinda-secret” recipe.
We use almost all of the same ingredients that are in the Fat Loss Salad, so this recipe may look a little familiar to the Fat Loss Salad fans.
Ingredients (Makes about 3-4 servings):
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or MCT oil
- 1 medium purple onion, diced
- 1 lb. grass fed ground beef -OR- 1 package of Taco Flavored BOCA Vegetarian Meat Crumbles
- 1 cup of black beans or cannelloni beans
- 1 cup of organic, frozen corn (optional)
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh broccoli
- 15-oz. jar fire-roasted tomatoes
- 15-oz jar of diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp of Organic or Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1.5 cup of Low-Sodium, Organic Chicken Broth or water (you can also do half of each)
Garnish Ingredients (optional):
- chopped spinach leaves (for extra protein and garnish)
- sliced green onions (for garnish)
- fresh chopped cilantro or parsley (for garnish)
- diced avocado
- You may add any other vegetables that you desire. For example: cucumber, carrots, onions, zucchini, squash, chick peas, peas, green beans, celery, Lima beans, red beans, lentils, etc.
Here’s how to put it together in FOUR simple steps:
STEP 1: Use a large pot and combine the 1.5 cup low sodium chicken broth (or water), Fire-Roasted Tomatos, and Diced Tomatoes, Chopped Onions and Black Beans (if canned – be sure to drain and wash them) into it. Cook over medium heat.
STEP 2: Cook & add the 1 a cup of frozen sweet corn to the pot. Also chop & add the sweet peppers into the pot.
STEP 3: If using the grass-fed ground beef, cook until it is brown. Use the taco seasoning to add flavor, then add it to the stew. NOTE: If using the Taco Flavored BOCA crumbles, you can either directly add them to the stew or heat them in a pan until warm before adding them.
STEP 4: Mix well & simmer covered on low for around 15 minutes. Add the extra garnish ingredients before serving!
*#SCULPTORPROTIP: Olive oil, avocado, MCT oil can be used as the fat source for this dish. This dish tastes even better the next day, and is perfecf for meal prep!